3 Root Mash
3 Root Mash
Everyone loves mash and this one is our full on VEG OUT - POTATOES, CARROTS, SWEDE.
Serves 4-6 people:
750g potatoes (approx. 4/5)
1/2 a bunch of carrots (approx. 4)
Freshly ground black pepper
Plant based butter of your choice or Olive oil
1. Peel and roughly chop the potatoes, swede and carrots. Place them in a large saucepan and cover with fresh cold water.
2. Place the pan of veg on a high heat and allow it to come to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the temperature so that you see gentle bubbles or simmering.
3. Let the veg cook for 20-25 minutes, or until everything is tender and crushes against the pan easily with the back of a spoon.
4. Drain the cooked veggies completely and pop them back in the pan. Add a good dollop or tablespoon full of plant based butter or olive oil. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste then mash with everything together with a potato masher. How chunky or smooth you have your mash is totally up to you!
5. Have a little taste to check that you are happy with the seasoning.
From here you can serve the mash as it is or use it for the topping of Nana Maries Veggie Cottage Pie!