These veg-packed burritos are not only totally delicious but super simple and quick to prepare. They are perfect for a weekend breakfast, brunch or wrapped up for an on-the-go snack!
Ingredients To serve 4:
2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
2 peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
2 tins of cannelloni beans
A handful of tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 chilli deseeded and finely chopped
1 avocado, diced
1 big handful of coriander, roughly chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
8 soft tacos
Plant based yogurt of your choice (optional)
1. Place a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat. Drizzle in the olive oil followed by the onions, fresh chilli, cumin, paprika and chilli powder. Mix everything together and allow the onions to sizzle for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring regularly.
2. Add the peppers and chopped tomatoes then mix them together with the onions.You’ll notice that because of the spices, the bottom of the pan will be quite dry so add a splash of water, about 4 tablespoons, to prevent it from burning. Add the cannelloni beans and mix everything together.
3. Allow the mixture to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, gently toast the tacos in a dry, hot frying pan on each side. Set them aside.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and squeeze over the juice from the limes.
6. To assemble the burritos, simply take your taco and spoon the gorgeous mixture in the centre of the tacos, top with avocado, a good pinch of coriander and a dollop of yoghurt, if desired.
We love serving this in the middle of the table for everyone to tuck in and build their own!