Oozey, gooey, comforting, quick and totally delicious! We're not really sure what to say other than Cheezy leeks is our new favourite!
Serves 2 to 4
2 leeks finely chopped and washed
2 handfuls of grated cheeze - we used Violfe cheddar
Salt & pepper for seasoning
1 tbsp Olive oil
Couple of slices of your favourite bread toasted - we used Vegbred Sourdough.
1. Grab a shallow pan and pop on a medium heat.
2. Add your olive oil to gently warm before adding in your leeks.
3. Allow these to cook gently for at least 10-15 mins until they are lovely and soft.
4. Add your salt and pepper to taste.
5. Now it’s time to add the cheese to your leeks ( leaving enough to sprinkle on top later)
6. Stir the cheeze into your leeks.
7. Your gorgeous gooey mixture is now ready.
8. Grab your toast and spoon over a generous dollop.
9. Sprinkle with the left over cheeze and pop under the grill until melted and slightly browned.