Who doesn’t love a bowl of guacamole in the middle of the table to dunk into? We love it dolloped on top of a fresh crunchy salad… piled into a sandwich… topped over tacos or simply to dip a tortilla chip into!
Ingredients for 4 portions:
1/2 red onion
1 green chilli
Juice of 2 limes
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel the red onion and deseed the chilli before finely chopping them. Set to one side of the chopping board.
2. Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh onto the chopping board then finely dice.
3. Scoop the onion and chilli over the avocado and jumble together.
4. Squeeze the lime juice over, drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
5. With the side of your knife, scoop the mixture into the centre then roughly chop outward, repeat this a couple of time until the mixture is well combined.
6. Have a little taste to check you're happy with the seasoning and serve!
Create your own signature Guac by adding extra chilli, minced garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, some finely diced tomato… even a few blanched garden peas… go ahead and experiment!