This is the ultimate reset Ramen - A bowl of tasty energising goodness! You can serve this punchy soup as it is or with cooked noodles or rice. Make it your own by adding whichever veggies you fancy - shredded kale, leeks, watercress or cauliflower!
Ingredients for 2-3 people:
1 tin of coconut milk
1 vegetable stock cube
1 shallot, peeled and finely diced
1 - 2 chillis, seeds removed and finely sliced
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
1 big thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
2 big handful of mushrooms, finely sliced or 1 punnet of exotic mushrooms
1 courgette, cut in half and finely sliced
1 big handful of Tenderstem broccoli, roughly chopped
1 bag of spinach
- Get all your ingredients ready and prepared to cook.
- Place a large saucepan over a medium to high heat. Pour in the tin of coconut milk, crumble in the stock cube and then add 2 tins worth of fresh water to the pot. Let the coconut milk melt and the liquid come to a gentle simmer, stirring now and then.
- Add the diced shallot, chilli, grated garlic and ginger. Let the broth carry on gently bubbling for 5 minutes to allow all the punchy ingredients to flavour the liquid.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of Tamari sauce and scatter in mushrooms and courgettes then bring the liquid back to a gentle bubble for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and let it wilt into the ramen.
- Cut the lime in half, squeeze the juice over the ramen and serve in warm bowls.