Curry Fried Rice
Curry Fried Rice
This is a great mid week meal when your craving those delicious curry spices!
It's a great recipe for using leftover rice and feel free to swap out any veggies in this that you don't have, for ones that you do! Diced peppers, carrots, courgettes, Tenderstem broccoli or shredded kale would be delicious!
Ingredients to serve 4-6:
2 white onions, peeled and finely sliced
A thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and either grated or finely chopped
1 Classic Bangla Spice Mix OR 2 tablespoons of your favourite curry powder
2 sticks of celery, finely sliced, widthways
1/2 a cauliflower, broken up into small pieces
1/2 a bag or 2 big hadfuls of spinach, roughly shredded
250g cooked rice (if you don’t already have cooked rice - cook 125g of rice according to the instructions on the packet then allow to cool completely or rinse under cold water through in a seive if you're restricted with time!)
1 lime, cut in half
Olive oil or or cooking oil of choice
1. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Scatter the onions, garlic and ginger. Mix everything together and let the onion soften for 5 to 10 minutes until they turn translucent and start to caramelise around the edges.
3. Add the contents of the Bang Curry pack, followed by the celery, cauliflower pieces and a good pinch of sea salt.
4. Mix it all together and carry on cooking for another 10 minutes, stirring regularly with a couple of big spoons so that you can scoop everything up and tumble it over. If the mix dries out and starts to catch on the bottom, pour in a splash of water.
5. Add the shredded spinach, mix it though and allow it to wilt.
6. Add the cooked rice and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice is piping hot.
7. Just before you’re ready to eat, squeeze over the juice for the lime and serve in warm bowls!