One simple batch of mushrooms... so many delicious opportunities! These gorgeous garlic mushrooms are a brilliant starting point for so many scumptious eating possibilities - simply served on crunchy toast, stuffed into a jacked spud, tossed through pasta or piled into pies... that is if they last long enough (we dare you not to eat them all straight out of the pan)!
Ingredients for 2 - 3 portions:
250g chestnut or portabello mushrooms, sliced
2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
3 sprigs of thyme
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a large frying pan over a low to medium heat and drizzle in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Scatter in the sliced garlic and mix into the oil. Tumble in the mushrooms and mix them together with the garlic and oil.
3. Pick the thyme leaves off their stalks and into the pan of mushrooms and mix together again.
4. Allow the mushrooms to cook for 20-25 minutes. They'll start off by softening and turning pale then as the natural juices evaporate, they'll turn deliciously golden around the edges! Keep an eye on them and stir everything regularly throughout the cooking time.
5. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to your taste and serve!