We love a classic slaw but sometimes the occasion calls for a dressed down version! So we’ve jumbled up ALL the crunchy veggies with zesty lemon and fresh mint… simply delicious served with crispy baked Jersey Royal potatoes and BBQ’d veggie skewers!
To serve 8 as a side dish:
1/2 a Summer cabbage or savoy cabbage
2 red onions
1 bunch of carrots
2 tablespoons of olive oil
The juice of 2 lemons
1 handful of mint leaves removed from the stalks - alternatively, feel free to use any soft herb you like!
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Wash the cabbage and cut away the core then slice as thinly as you can with a sharp knife or using a food processor with a fine slicing attachment. Place the shredded cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
2. Peel the red onions and finely slice as you did with the cabbage then add it to the mixing bowl.
3. Trim off the tops of the carrots and grate them either with a box grater or through the grater attachment in the food processor. Add the grated carrot to the other veggies.
4. Finely chop the mint leaves and place them in a small mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and lemon juice then season with a good pinch of salt and black pepper and whisk everything together.
5. Pour the dressing over the veggies and mix everything together with your hands until everything is well coated and combined.
6. Have a little taste to check the seasoning is to your liking and serve!