Punchy Parsley Pasta
Punchy Parsley Pasta
This is a SERIOUSLY GOOD summery pasta sauce which is really simple to make and packed full on lip-smacking flavour….. not much more to say than “ You must give this go!!”
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced or finely grated
1 chilli, finely diced
100g / 2-3 big handfuls of flat leaf parsley
150g / 2 handfuls of tomatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra Virgin olive oil
Dried spaghetti or pasta of your choice
1. Place a large pan of fresh cold water and bring it to the boil and cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Meanwhile make your scrumptious sauce! Put the minced garlic, chilli and parsley in the centre of a large chopping board. With a large sharp knife, chop everything together from side to side and front to back, scooping the edges backing the centre as you go. Continue to do this until the ingredients are super fine and you have a sort of rough paste. Add a splash of olive oil to this, season and mix together with the knife.
3. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat and pour in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Pop the parsley mix into the pan and stir it into the oil. Let this cook for about 5 or 6 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Wash your hands - as its time to get messy. Pop the tomatoes in a bowl and squash them with your hands so that they burst and break open. Add them to the pan, stirring them in with the garlicky, herby sauce. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the tomatoes cook down to make a delicious gooey sauce.
5. Just before you’re ready to add the pasta, squeeze the juice of both lemons into the sauce catching the pips through your hands or a sieve. Season with a good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, another good glug of olive oil (about 3 tablespoons). Give everything another good mix.
6. Add the drained pasta to the sauce and tumble everything together until the pasta is coated with the sauce. Stir through the lemon zest. Have a little taste to check that you are happy with the seasoning - at this point you can always add a little more salt, pepper, lemon juice or olive oil according to how you like!
Serve straight away and enjoy!