This is Kelly’s take on the vegtastic Provencal stew - super simple to prep, super tasty and will leave you feeling super charged with vegpower!
Ingredients to feed 4 - 6 people:
1 aubergine, roughly chopped into chunky pieces
3 courgettes, roughly chopped into chunky pieces
2 red onions, sliced
1 white onion, sliced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tsp mixed herbs
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1/2 tube of tomato puree
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a large, deep frying pan or casserole dish over a medium to high heat and pour in a teaspoon of olive oil. Tumble in an even layer of the aubergine and courgettes and allow them to brown on all sides and crisp around the edges. Transfer them to a dish or plate and set them aside. You may need to do this stage in batches, depending on the size of your pan.
2. Once all the aubergines and courgettes are browned off, pour in another drizzle of olive oil into the same pan before adding the onions and garlic. Lower the heat to medium and allow them to gently sizzle and soften for 8-10 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Sprinkle in the herbs and mix them into the onions before adding the the aubergines and courgettes back to the pan followed by the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, a splash of Tamari sauce, salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Mix everything together, cover with a lid and allow to simmer and reduce for 10 minutes.
5. Check and adjust the seasoning to your taste and serve!
A Boxxfresh Batch Cook Recipe - Double or triple this recipe to batch up and have ready in the freezer for those crazy busy days!