This isn’t really a recipe - more a great way of cooking one of our champion seasonal veg - the mighty Asparagus! We only ever supply Asparagus during the British season so it’s a real treat when its ready in the Spring! We love these green gold spears served with crunchy Vegbred Sweet Potato Sourdough toast and our delicious Garlic, Lemon & Parsley Butter Sauce.
Serves 2 as a side:
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare the asparagus by holding the very bottom of the cut end in one hand. With your other hand, hold the asparagus about half way down the spear. Bend the asparagus in between your hands until it snaps! It will naturally snap in the right place where the woody fibrous part finishes, leaving you with the lovely tender bit to cook with and eat! You can keep the woody ends for stocks, blended soups or juices soother is no waste!
2. Wash the asparagus and set aside.
3. Place a frying pan on a medium heat and pour in a teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Scatter in the asparagus and let it sizzle in the pan for 10 minutes, shuffling the spears round in the pan as you go.
5. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve!