Veg Packed Kebabs
This is a great way to enjoy veggies in the hot weather! Long skewers of delicious, fresh Summer veggies with a smokey sweet marinade either charred on the BBQ or roasted in the oven - we love then served with a fresh crisp salad or a summer slaw and crusty bread for a sizzlin’ Summer feast!
All veggies for these kebabs are completely changeable - if your want to leave out one of the ingredients or double up something - go for it!
6 Mushrooms, left whole
1 Courgette, sun into 6 - 8 pieces or ‘disks’, cut widthways
6 Sweet bite peppers, left whole
1 red onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
6 small Sprigs of rosemary
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
2 heaped teaspoons of sweet smoked paprika
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
The juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
You will also need 6 kebab skewers
Either fire up the BBQ or pre-heat the oven to 180c / 350f / gas mark 4.
If you’re using wooden kebab skewers, soak them in cold, fresh water for 20 minutes before you plan to assemble the kebabs - this will stop them from burning!
1. Make the marinade but putting the garlic, smoked paprika, maple syrup, lemon juice and olive oil into a bowl. Add a good pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper then mix everything together really well. Set Aside.
2. To assemble the kebabs, first prep all your ingredients according the reference in the ingredients list.
3. On each skewer, thread one each of the mushrooms, 1 or 2 pieces of courgette, a pepper, a wedge of red onion, a wedge of lemon and a chilli then tuck in a sprig of rosemary by sticking it into one of the veggies or piece of lemon.
4. Once all the skewers are ready, drizzle over the marinade and rub it into the veggies with your hands.
5. To BBQ - Place the kebabs on the BBQ to cook for 10 minutes, turning them onto the opposite side half way.
6. To Roast - place the kebabs on a roasting tray and put them in the oven to roast for 25 - 30 minutes.
Serve them while they’re hot & enjoy!