Veggie Pilaf Jumble
Veggie Pilaf Jumble
Inspired from Dr Alan Desmonds book - The Plant- Based Diet Revolution. I adapted the recipe to what I had at home, made a few tweaks and thought I've got to share with you all at Boxxfresh
A gently spiced jumble that is delicious, using seasonal winter veggies and nutty wild rice. This veggie Pilaf makes a nourishing bowl of goodness!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: MAKES 4 PORTIONS
1 Small Cauli broken into florets
2 sticks celery fined chopped washed
1 leek finely chopped and washed
2 BIG handfuls of spinach (washed) or shredded kale
3 garlic cloves grated or crushed
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp of dried rosemary ( if using fresh a few sprigs)
1 x tsp ground cumin
A few cardamon pods (crush these and remove skins)
1 small handful of pumpkin seeds
1 litre of good veg stock
1 x cup of wild rice
1 tbsp of olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Pop a pan of water on the stove with your stock cube in. Bring to a simmer until the stock cube has dissolved. Add in your cinnamon stick and wild rice. Stir well and cover and let this cook until the rice is done but still has a good bite to it.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, let’s get the veggies done.
- Pop a shallow pan on a medium heat and add your olive oil, followed by your herbs and spices. Mix and let these very gently warm through careful not to burn.
- Now add your leeks, celery, cauliflower and mix altogether with the spices until the veggies have softened - (the cauliflower will be cooked but nice and firm)
- Add a splash of water if these starts to stick.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain and add to your pan of veggies along with your washed greens. Jumble (gently mix) all this together.
- Sprinkle in your pumpkins seeds or other nuts.
- Have a taste and season if needed.
- Pile into bowls and enjoy!
MAKE IT YOUR OWN... with a few simple swaps that could be your favourites or what you have in you fridge.Cashew nuts are great instead of pumpkin seeds and of course any greens like shredded kale and/ or shredded cabbage leaves would be delicious!